Tackling Gameday Super Snacking
Oh football game day, I love cheering on a team and hanging out with friends in a competitive spirit, but really, I lean more towards three other very important variables of this particular Sunday.
3. The Halftime Show. Game-shmame, everyone wants to see another dippy shark throw down some sweet moves. Or who can forget nipple-gate? No one, that’s who.
2. The Puppy Bowl. I could watch cute puppies and kittens all day. I want to adopt them all!
1. SNACKS. Let’s be real, everyone circulates around that delicious food spread. You know the one, where they have chili, pigs-in-a-blanket, wings, basically all things delicious and terrible for you. Of course, there’ll be matching cups and napkins to let you know you’ve got team spirit, and by wolfing down a cookie shaped like a helmet, your team will most certainly win.
So how about tackling the snack table with, say, a healthier alternative? I, for one, would feel worlds better knowing if I slammed half a plate of veggie bites, my insides might not radiate heartburn like lava. It’s a nice feeling, to eat food that’s actually good for you.
But you want to keep the flavor, right? Of course you do! Here are a few easy ideas to keep your snacking tasty AND healthful.
- We love good old fashioned french fries, but when there is a way to add more nutrients, why not take it? That’s why we’re big fans of Veggie Fries!
- Swap those high fat wings with our Veggie Bites. Easy to prep, easy to pair, and easy to enjoy! (Plus, the kids will love ’em!)
- Love dips? Let go of the onion dips, queso dips, and creamy artichoke options and instead try a homemade guacamole! Rich in fiber, potassium, and other essential nutrients, this dip will make your tastebuds happy, without leaving you feeling icky inside.
Snack tackle that food table, shock the naysayers on eating healthy on game day, it’d certainly make for the perfect win!